Friday, November 20, 2009

Colorful Inspiration

With our garden-themed wedding, what better way to choose a color palate than to be inspired by the garden itself? ...and that's exactly what we did. Without further ado, here is the original inspiration for our wedding color scheme:


The orange garden lily! I love these flowers. They grow in so many gardens in New England in the summer, and I think they're simply beautiful.

Going with this theme makes the main color in our color scheme orange. Yes. ORANGE. It might seem a little bright (or a little harsh) to some people, but I am really excited about having such a bright pop of color as part of our wedding. ...and no, I am not making my poor bridesmaids wear orange dresses. Originally I wanted to, but luckily my wonderful little sister (and MOH) talked me out of that one... which is a different story for a different day.

The rest of our color scheme? We're going with greens and small accents of deep purple -- also inspired by a New England garden in the summertime. When I tell people that our wedding colors are orange, green, and purple, most times they just stare back at me like I'm a crazy person. Maybe I am, but I will try to convince you otherwise with an inspiration board.

Reception, martini, cake, Chuppah (picture from my good friend C), dress, bridesmaids, pomander, bouquet, couches, flower arrangement

So... what do you think? Beautiful or hideous? (I hope you'll side with me on the beautiful side.) What inspired your wedding color scheme?

No comments:

Post a Comment