Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Moment of Weakness

Please help! I am a self proclaimed decisive person, but I am currently doing the unthinkable, and I am rethinking my plan for my wedding attire. Specifically, I'm rethinking what I'm planning to wear on my feet. And it is all my aunt's fault. See, I have an aunt who has an entire closet full of Loubies and other beautiful expensive shoes. And that aunt. Yes. THAT aunt, has just offered to buy me a pair of shoes for my wedding. It is something that she wants to do. And who am I to get in the way of the wishes of a kind woman? A woman who I am related to. A woman who has no daughters of her own to bestow her generous gifts of leather and satin heels upon.

Oh yeah... just one small problem. See? I already bought a pair of shoes for my wedding. I bought them over 6 months ago, pretty much as soon as the Architect and I were engaged. I love my shoes. They are simple, yet pretty. They have a perfect 3-inch heel, making me 5'8" to the Architect's 6'0". They have a thick heel so that I won't sink into the grass as I walk down our unpaved aisle. They are also rewearable. I love that my shoes look just as cute with a pair of jeans as they do with my wedding dress, making them totally worth the $120 that I spent on them at (you guessed it) J. Crew. Here they are:


Pretty, yet practical wedding shoes. I was IN LOVE with these shoes last summer. And really, I still am in love with these shoes. ...Except... My aunt wants to buy me a pair of wedding shoes. Whatever shoes I want.

And this realization has opened up my mind to delusions of grandeur. Delusions that look like this:

Source - $590 from Giuseppe Zanotti

and this:
Source - $300 from Kate Spade

and this:
Source - $300 from Kate Spade

So I am coming to you to ask for help. What do I do? Do I do the responsible thing and say, "Thanks awesome auntie with the amazing shoe goodness, but I already bought a pair of wedding shoes, so I am regretfully declining your offer." -OR- Do I say "Yespleasethankyou! I would love a pair of beautiful expensive shoes that I would never be able to afford otherwise!"

Who am I kidding. I know what I should say. I just need the strength to do it. Have any of you had to turn down any generous offers for your wedding? How did that turn out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment