Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First Post


Whee!! I'm so excited to be starting this blog, which will focus on our wedding, and all of the craziness that is wedding planning. First let me introduce myself. I am the Astronomer, and the fiance is the Architect.

I've known that the Architect was the one for me since surprisingly early in our relationship -- definitely within the first year, and probably within the first 6 months. (We've been together for almost 4 years now.) Then it was all about waiting around for him to propose, while trying to not be THAT GIRL who only thinks about how much she wants to just be married already. Who knew that once he finally proposed (and the proposal story is one for the ages btw) that I would be thrust into the WONDERFUL WORLD OF WEDDING PLANNING. Seriously, I sometimes think this whole wedding planning thing is like a cult... or maybe more like a wonderful sisterhood? Seriously. I had NO idea what I was getting myself into. Venues, officiants, music, wedding parties, color schemes, center pieces... the list goes on and on and on. I can safely say that I have never planned something so complicated before. Luckily I quickly got up to speed and learned about many of the amazing resources available on the world wide web. I seriously don't know how women planned weddings in the days before the internet.

So in the interest of paying it forward I will also be adding my own wedding planning experiences to the internet. Hopefully our wedding will have something unique to inspire you... or maybe you just want to come along for the ride and see the pretty pictures. (I'll try to offer up many of those.)

Are you planning your wedding? Have you found that little wonder called the internet as useful as I have?

1 comment: