Monday, January 18, 2010

The Dress!!

Ok internet. Who wants a little peeky peek at my wedding dress?

Yeah, ummm, this is your cue to GO AWAY ARCHITECT! For the rest of you, please click below to see pictures of wedding dress loveliness.

The rest of my dress hunt story is pretty short and uninteresting, but I will fill you in now on the remaining details. Two weeks after my initial trip to Yolanda's, my sister came to Boston, and we planned a day of visiting dress shops. We planned to hopefully visit 3 or 4 shops, with the idea being that if I still couldn't get the original dress from Yolanda's out of my mind, then we would go back there and potentially make a purchase. Well 3 or 4 shops turned into 2, because of some really poor planning on my part. And I didn't see much that interested me. Most of the dresses were made out of some seriously heavy satin (= so not good for a summer wedding), had corset backs (which I just don't like on me), and were just plain unflattering. I didn't take any pictures of the dresses that I tried on that day, even though I was allowed to. They were THAT unmemorable.

So after our failed attempt at dress shopping, back to Yolanda's we went. I tried on the Romona Keveza dress again and lit up with smiles. My sister and my friend C who also came along for the ride immediately loved the dress. And with that I made the decision to buy my wedding dress :-) I even asked for that 10% discount that had been offered up the previous time I had visited Yolanda's. Of course, the discount was technically only applicable on a first-time visit, but it can't hurt to ask, right? Well... I got my discount. What up, bargaining skills?!

You wanna see her?? I went for my first fitting over the holidays, and I finally got some pictures of my actual dress. Behold the RK L783 (gotta love the name, it sounds like a robot not a dress):

One happy astronomer.

Pinning the hem.

Front view.

Back view.

Bustle.

*All photos taken by my mommy dearest


All I can say is that I'm in love.
Did you find your wedding dress quickly, or did it take you a while to find the dress of your dreams?

1 comment:

  1. OMG it's sooo pretty!!!! I love the front neckline and ruching!!! I think I may have found my dress (the first one that I tried on) but I don't know, I have a strong contender that's punching it's way up the ranks lol....

    ReplyDelete